Summer seasonal wardrobe swap! ☀️
The summer and the glorious sunshine has arrived in the UK and it’s time to unveil our white limbs and embrace our lightweight summer clothing!
The below video focuses on summer dresses. Swapping out the heavier winter garments for gorgeous linens and cottons.
- I don’t have a walk-in wardrobe – so I have to have seasonal swaps and store my clothing in secure, waterproof storage boxes in my loft. I highly recommend the Really Useful Boxes https://amzn.to/3tU60iu
- I always recommend focusing on one area of your wardrobe at a time – as it can be overwhelming doing it all on the same day, especially if you have lots of clothes!
- Start by removing all garments from the section of your wardrobe, placing them on your bed and removing them from their hangers.
- Fold each item neatly and place in your storage box. I always pop in a couple of new anti pest sachets, to protect the clothing whilst their stored away.
- Vacumn and dust the inside of your wardrobe before hanging any clothing.
- Then hang your garments, in this instance skirts & dresses and sort by length of sleeve; Start with sleeveless (spaghetti straps go first), short sleeve, and end with your long-sleeved items. I highly recommend investing in velvet slim line hangers – they’re perfect for your summer items, especially for securely holding thin straps and silky items https://amzn.to/3OvRNQH
- Then within each category, segment by colour, starting with the lightest first. With mixed prints, you can either “mix them in” by their dominant colour or you can have them categorised separately at the end of each clothing type. I have opted for my busier prints to be hung after each colour category.
- By arranging hanging items by garment type, sleeve style, and colour, will not only help you to see what you own but make getting dressed in the mornings less stressful!.
Have you done your seasonal summer swap? Any tips you’d like to share?
If you need any assistance on editing and organising your clothing and/or wardrobes within your home, please contact me on 07533330115 or by email: Elizabeth@thelifeorganiser.org
Copyright © 2022 The Life Organiser
These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. We grant to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable licence to view these works, to copy and store these works and to print pages of these works for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not reproduce in any format any part of the works without our prior written consent. If we discover that you have breached the terms of the above licence, we may bring legal proceedings against you and seek monetary damages and/or an injunction to stop you using our materials. You could also be ordered to pay our legal costs.