A garage declutter transformation!
I worked with my lovely client with decluttering her garage in late May.
The weather wasn’t playing ball and it rained on us a few times! But we persevered regardless and managed to clear around 90% of her personal items.
We’ve a few boxes left to tackle but overall I’m feeling very pleased with the progress we made.
My client hired a huge skip, so all broken items were discarded in there, all personal & business paperwork were placed in brand new 6 x 64L sized Really Useful Boxes (to sort through, file or shred on another day). I took away 6 large bags of clothing donations!
My client’s vision is to create a gym in this amazing space!
A few tips that I recommend when clearing out outbuildings, garages etc:
1) Wait until the warmer summer months but try and do it early or later in the season when it isn’t so hot! Also, select a day when the forecast is expected to be dry.
2) Book at least a few days off, as it can take time!
3) Hire a skip and or book your slot at the local recycling centre.
4) Have water to hand and pace yourself.
5) Have some new packing or clear plastic boxes to hand – so you can transfer items you want to keep, especially if the old boxes are damaged or damp.
6) Label boxes – so you know what’s in them!
7) Create zones within the garage, shed etc for tools, bikes, gardening equipment etc.
If you need any help setting up a maintenance routine, I’d love to hear from you, please email me at Elizabeth@thelifeorganiser.org
Copyright © 2022 The Life Organiser
These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. We grant to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable licence to view these works, to copy and store these works and to print pages of these works for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not reproduce in any format any part of the works without our prior written consent. If we discover that you have breached the terms of the above licence, we may bring legal proceedings against you and seek monetary damages and/or an injunction to stop you using our materials. You could also be ordered to pay our legal costs.